North West Limousin club female sale 2021
Entry form and rules
Sale will be held in Elphin Mart on Monday evening December 6th.
Entries must reach the secretary Mary Tarpey, Carrow Elphin, Co Roscommon with the appropriate fee (including club membership if applicable) by October 22nd, 2021.
- Sale is for pedigree registered Limousin females born between 1/1/2019- 31/1/2021
- Sale is confined to members of the North West Limousin club which includes all breeders with herd numbers in Mayo, Galway, Roscommon and Sligo.
- All entries must be halter trained and led at the sale. Depending on entry numbers there may be a pre inspection well in advance of the sale and only quality heifers will be accepted. There will also be an inspection on the day of the sale to check presentation and docility of the animals. The inspector’s decision will be final in all cases.
- Entry fee of €40 per animal which must accompany the entry form. No late entries will be accepted. There will be no refund in the event of a heifer being rejected at inspections or not attending sale.
- Minimum price at the sale is €1800. Entries can be opened down to €1500 but cannot be sold below €1800. All sales on the day must go through the mart.
- All cattle entered must be export tested and the herds must be participating/accredited in a recognised herd health program for Johnes, i.e. Limo leader or similar. The sale will be an export sale and any animal without an export test will be excluded from the sale.
- Heifers with calves at foot are eligible as long as they are within the age limits and both dam and calf are halter trained and pass inspections.
- No change of pedigree details (parentage) will be allowed after the catalogue is printed. Any parental change will leave the animal ineligible for the sale.
- Cattle will be sold in age order starting with the oldest. Any exhibitor not ready for their turn will be left to the end of the sale.
- By entering the sale the exhibitor agrees to abide by the rules and directions given by the inspector, and stewards on sale day. Decision of the organising committee is final in all cases.
December 06th 2021