North West Limousin club female sale 2020
Entry form and rules
The aim is to have a sale for approx. 30 top quality, halter trained, well-presented heifers. If successful we would hope to hold a sale annually. It is important that the cattle are of a good quality.
- Sale will be held in Elphin Mart on Monday evening December 7th at 8.30pm. All cattle for the sale must be at the mart by 6pm on the sale day.
- Entries must reach the secretary Mary Tarpey, Carrow, Elphin, Co. Roscommon with the appropriate fee (including club membership if applicable) by October 14th.
- Sale is for pedigree registered Limousin females born between 1/1/2018- 31/1/2020
- Sale is confined to paid up members of the North West Limousin club which includes all breeders with herd numbers in Mayo, Galway, Roscommon and Sligo. Annual Membership is €20 and can be paid with the entry fee if not paid yet this year.
- All entries must be halter trained and led at the sale. They will all be pre inspected well in advance of the sale and only quality heifers will be accepted. There will also be an inspection on the day of the sale to check presentation and docility of the animals. The inspector’s decision will be final in all cases.
- Entry fee will be €40 per entry which must accompany the entry form. No late entries will be accepted. There will be no refund in the event of a heifer being rejected at inspections or not attending sale.
- A small number of females will be selected by the inspector and they will be professionally photographed and videoed to help to publicise the sale on social media. There will be no fee to the breeder for these promotional videos.
- Minimum price at the sale is €1800 euro. Entries can be opened down to €1500 but cannot be sold below €1800. All sales on the day must go through the mart.
- All cattle entered must be export tested and the herds must be participating/accredited in a recognised herd health program for Johne’s i.e. Limo leader or similar. The sale will be an export sale and any animal without an export test will be excluded from the sale.
- Heifers with calves at foot are eligible as long as they are within the age limits and both dam and calf are halter trained and pass inspections.
- No change of pedigree details (parentage) will be allowed after the catalogue is printed. Any parental change will leave the animal ineligible for the sale.
- Cattle will be sold in age order starting with the oldest. Any exhibitor not ready for their turn will be left to the end of the sale.
- Covid restrictions will be followed.
- Elphin Mart have an online facility available at Martbids.ie for remote bidding.
- By entering the sale the exhibitor agrees to abide by the rules and directions given by the inspector, and stewards on sale day. Decision of the organising committee is final in all cases.
December 07th 2020
8.30 pm sharp