Office Manager/Accounts Manager with the Irish Limousin Cattle Society (ILCS) based at Kilglass, Mitchelstown.
The Irish Limousin Cattle Society is a small agri-based company whose fundamental role is to serve its 2500 members by promoting and improving Pedigree Limousin cattle, while maintaining the herd-book for the breed in Ireland. We currently have a staff of three; 1 full-time and 2 part-time.
This Office Manager/Accounts Manager role is envisaged to entail a 30-hour week with attractive remuneration and negotiable working hours.
- Manage the day to day running of all administrative operations of the company.
- Line manage 2 members of office-based staff
- Ensure the effective management of systems and data in compliance to relevant legislation including GDPR
- Accounts payable: processing invoices, issuing payments, reconciling supplier statements.
- Accounts receivable: issuing invoices, allocating payments, dealing with queries.
- Bank reconciliations and monthly management reports.
- Liaise with external accountant/auditor to ensure accurate and timely delivery of year-end accounts.
- Modernise the IT and operating systems to improve all office-based work routines.
- Deal with relevant breeder queries and accounts.
- Other ad-hoc duties from time to time.
- Highly organised and capable of dealing with both the Accounts and the Operations of the company.
- Proficient IT skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to project manage and multitask.
- Capable of working on one’s own initiative and demonstrate a track record of delivery.
- Previous experience in managing staff is desirable but not essential.
- The ability to develop the role.
- A basic background knowledge of agriculture/farming is desirable but not essential.
The successful candidate will report to the Breed Secretary (CEO). An initial six month contract will be offered with a view to permanency.
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter by post or email to:
The Breed Secretary, Irish Limousin Cattle Society, Kilglass, Mitchelstown, Co. Cork, or firstname.lastname@example.org, respectively, by close of business on Wednesday January 15, 2020.
Irish Limousin Cattle Society is an Equal Opportunities Employer.