Looking for an interesting way of spending a few hours with Limousin cattle over the long weekend!
The South West Limousin club will be holding a field evening at Castleisland mart on Saturday July 31st from 5.00 to 7.00pm. All breeders and anyone with an interest in Limousin cattle are welcome. The attractions will include:
- 7 classes for calves born after July 1st 2009
- Special class for members who have not shown in a calf championship over the last 3 years
- Best practice for grooming and having your animal looking it’s best
Judging of cattle
- Judge will outline how he came to his decision on placing
- A chance to try your hand at stock judging
Young Members events
- 2 classes (12 years and under, 13-18 year olds). Entries taken on the night
- Calves will be available for young members
- Stock judging
- Knowledge of the breed
- Display of calves from various sires
- Local stock bull and some of his progeny
- Limousin cows with BB offspring
This promises to be a great evening for young and old alike.
Anyone from the South West club who would like to enter calves in this event can get an application form by clicking here. While calves will not need to be lead for showing, they will need to be tied in pens.
Entries to be received by the 23rd July. Entry fee €5 per calf.
If you have any questions feel free to contact
- Pat Sheehan (087 2500311)
- Sean Ryan (086 2461639)
- Sarah Mc Elligott (087 2630708)
- Ann Curtin (087 2316309)