Herds Competition 2007:
The second herd competition which is judged on a club basis over the summer & autumn months was another tremendous success. The herd size categories were divided into small herds 5-12 breeding females, medium herds 13-30 breeding females and large herds 30 plus breeding females. The judges awarded points on a number of areas including genetic indices, health & condition of cattle, docility; knowledge & interest in own herd, Limousin breed and conformity to breed type. This year saw special prizes for best bull calf, best heifer calf and best group of calves born in 2006.
Many thanks to our judges Mr. Ian Nattress of the Greenwell Herd in the U.K. and Mr. Victor Woods of Greenmount College in Northern Ireland who agreed to judge at very short notice.
Small Herd Size:
- 1st: Brian Doyle, Gortermone Herd
- 2nd: Seamus Goggins, Kilcloon Herd
Medium & Large Herd Size:
- 1st: Roger McCarrick, Pelletstown Herd
- 2nd: Joe Castles, Curleyland Herd
- Best bull born in 2006: Pelletstown Brave, Roger McCarrick
- Best heifer born in 2006: Gortermone Bella, Brian Doyle
- Best group of calves: Pelletstown Herd, Roger McCarrick